Who is the richest female athlete in the world?
Top 10 Forbes Highest-Paid Female Athletes:
- Naomi Osaka $37.4m ($3.4m prize money, $34m endorsements)
- Serena Williams $36m ($4m prize money, $32m endorsements)
- Ashleigh Barty $13.1m ($10.1m prize money, $3m endorsements)
- Simona Halep $10.9m ($6.9m prize money, $4m endorsements)
What is the most dangerous girl sport?
The 5 most dangerous sports for girls
- Basketball. Is your little girl shooting to be the next Lisa Leslie or Candace Parker?
- Cheerleading. Here’s something not to cheer about: Cheerleading accidents account for 65 percent of all catastrophic injuries in girls’ high school athletics.
- Horseback riding.
- Field hockey.
Why does women’s sport get less media coverage?
The media’s lack of coverage for women’s sports reflects society’s view of women in general– that they are less than their male counterparts, and that the cultural norm of the society we live in is that men are considered the strong, athletic ones who dominate the sports world.
How does gender inequality affect sports?
Gender inequality, as noted, has many negative consequences for female athletes. In addition to the unequal type of coverage that female athletes receive, they also receive less overall coverage (8, 19, 30, 47, 56). Women’s sports are also perceived as less exciting and slower than men’s sports (40).
Who is the most famous person in sports?
Top ten greatest sportspeople
- Michael Phelps.
- Roger Federer.
- Usain Bolt.
- Steffi Graf.
- Michael Jordan.
- Serena Williams.
- Muhammad Ali. Muhammad Ali is often regarded as the greatest sportsperson of all time.
What percentage of media coverage is devoted to female sport?
What is the most played sport?