Who is Fintan Drury?


Who is Fintan Drury?

Fintan Drury is perhaps Ireland’s best corporate communications specialist and his book gives the reader a glimpse into a skills of master practitioner. See-Saw weaves through personal recollections and reflections on his career.

Why is Brian Cowen in a wheelchair?

The veteran politician has been unable to walk since he fell seriously ill after suffering a stroke in July of last year.

How long was Brian Cowen Taoiseach?

12th Taoiseach (2008–2011)

What happened to Brian Cowan?

Former taoiseach Brian Cowen is slowly recovering from a stroke and suspected bleed on the brain he suffered last July and “hopes to walk again” soon, his wife Mary Cowen has said. Mr Cowen (60) fell ill last summer and spent five months in St Vincent’s Hospital receiving treatment.

Has Brian Cowen recovered?

He has been recovering since a suspected bleed on the brain last July. He was also treated for fluid on a lung last April, having become unwell at a golf event. Mr Cowen served in various Cabinet positions under Albert Reynolds and Bertie Ahern, before becoming Taoiseach in 2008 following the resignation of Mr Ahern.

When did Brian Cowen get sick?

In May of this year, Cowen fell ill at an Oireachtas golfing event and resultantly spent several days in Limerick Regional Hospital. Cowen, who is an Offaly native himself, was Taoiseach of Ireland and leader of Fianna Fáil between 2008 and 2011. Before that, he was Minister of Finance between 2004 and 2008.

How old is Brian Cowan?

62 years (January 10, 1960)Brian Cowen / Age

Why did Anglo Irish Bank fail?

The Anglo Irish Bank hidden loans controversy (also known as the circular transactions controversy) began in Dublin in December 2008 when Seán FitzPatrick, the chairman of Anglo Irish Bank (the state’s third-largest bank), admitted he had hidden a total of €87 million in loans from the bank, triggering a series of …

What happened to Anglo Irish Bank?

On 15 January 2009 the Government of Ireland nationalised Anglo Irish Bank and its shares were suspended on the Dublin and London Stock Exchanges. On 19 January 2009, the balance of the Board, who had served while FitzPatrick was chairman, resigned.