Which hospital is best for spinal cord?
Top 10 Spine Surgery Hospitals in India
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram.
- New Age Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.
- Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi.
What is the best spine hospital in the United States?
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings.
Is spine surgery the same as neurosurgery?
The main difference between fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopaedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons is in training. A neurosurgeon is trained to treat conditions of the brain and spine, while an orthopaedic spine surgeon specializes in treating the spine.
Who is the best spinal surgeon in the United States?
1. Mark Burnett, MD (NeuroTexas Brain and Spinal Surgery, Austin): Dr. Burnett specializes in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery, sports medicine and peripheral nerve surgery.
Why do so many back surgeries fail?
During surgery, the following factors may lead to failed back surgery syndrome: Failing to create enough space around spinal nerves/spinal cord (inadequate decompression) Creating too much space around nerves, which may lead to spinal instability (excessive decompression)
What is considered a major back surgery?
The three main types of back surgery include spinal fusion, laminectomy, and discectomy. These surgical procedures can be very effective in correcting the problems causing your pain.
Is it common to have multiple back surgeries?
While multilevel spinal fusions are a common and necessary procedure to treat many types of spinal pathology, such as scoliosis or other types of deformity, for treatment of low back pain from lumbar degenerative disc pathology this type of procedure remains controversial.