What is error 1004 in Excel VBA?
VBA 1004 Error is a runtime error in VBA which is also known as application-defined or object-defined error and why is that because we have limited number of columns in excel and when our code gives the command to go out of range we get 1004 error, there are other situations when we get this error when we refer to a …
What Causes Run-Time Error 1004?
The Runtime Error 1004 can appear as a result of: Corrupt MS Excel desktop shortcut. Copying and pasting filtered data into an MS Office Excel workbook. Program conflict while opening the VBA Excel file.
What is Run-Time Error 1004 in macro?
When you use a VBA code to select a range that is not in the active worksheet, VBA will show you the run-time error 1004. Because, if you want to select a cell or range of cells for a particular worksheet needs to be active at that point. You cannot select a cell from the sheet1 if the sheet2 is active right now.
How do I unprotect a sheet?
How to unprotect Excel sheet
- Right-click the sheet tab, and select Unprotect Sheet… from the context menu.
- On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click Unprotect Sheet.
- On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format, and select Unprotect Sheet from the drop-down menu.
How do I fix a VBA error in Excel?
How to fix VBA error 400 in Excel
- Move Macros to a new Module.
- Enable trusted access to VBA.
- Review your VBA code.
- Repair Microsoft Excel.
- Uninstall, and then reinstall Excel.
- Some other methods like scan for malware, etc.
What is a runtime error in programming?
A runtime error occurs when a program is syntactically correct but contains an issue that is only detected during program execution. These issues cannot be caught at compile-time by the Java compiler and are only detected by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) when the application is running.
How do I unlock a protected Excel File?
How to Unlock an Excel Workbook as the Owner
- Open the protected spreadsheet, and select Review > Unprotect Sheet.
- Enter the password used to protect the spreadsheet, then select OK.
- Your spreadsheet will now be unprotected and it can be modified.