What allowances are available in the Army?


What allowances are available in the Army?

The most common allowances are Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS) and Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). A majority of the force receives both of these allowances and, in many cases, these allowances comprise a significant portion of the member’s total pay.

How do you calculate per diem for PCS travel?

Per Diem for PCS Travel Per diem for dependents is 3/4 of the member’s applicable rate for each dependent 12 years old or older and 1/2 of the member’s rate for each dependent under 12 years.

How Does BAH work in the Army?

BAH is an allowance to offset the cost of housing when you do not receive government-provided housing. Your BAH depends upon your location, pay grade and whether you have dependents. BAH rates are set by surveying the cost of rental properties in each geographic location.

What is DA Form 5960?

DA 5960 is a Form Authorizing to Start, Stop, or Change Basic Allowance for Quarters, and/or Variable Housing Allowance.

How do I get an NGB 23b?

Where to Get Your NGB Form 23. Depending upon what type of unit you are assigned to, you should ask your first line supervisor to help you get an updated copy. If they can’t help you, schedule an appointment with your S1 Office. If you are at the company level, your Unit Readiness NCO can get you a copy.

How much is Army per diem?

The DoD Per Diem Allowance Per diem is specific to a given travel location and can range from a standard CONUS rate from $155 per day to over $800 per day for OCONUS rates.

How much does Army pay per mile for travel?

The monetary allowance in lieu of transportation rate is $. 18/mile per authorized POV….

Current Local and TDY Travel Mileage Rates
POV Rate Per Mile Effective Date
Automobile (if no Government owned vehicle is available) $0.585 1 Jan 2022

What is considered creditable military service?

As a general rule, military service in the Armed Forces of the United States is creditable for retirement purposes if it was active service terminated under honorable conditions, and performed prior to your separation from civilian service for retirement.