How do you say this example?
Other Ways To Say FOR EXAMPLE
|Such as||For instance||To illustrate|
|As an example||Namely||In addition to|
|Especially||An example being…||Let’ say…|
|In a similar case||As a case in point||One example is|
|Note well||e.g.||In particular|
How do you start a sentence with for example?
In academic writing you often start a sentence with ‘for example’ – as in the example you provided. It’s correct English. Starting a sentence with “For example” looks good to me – nicely separates the general statement from the specific example. And, of course it’s a legitimate sentence if it has a verb and a subject.
What is a good way to begin an essay?
Your essay introduction should include three main things, in this order:
- An opening hook to catch the reader’s attention.
- Relevant background information that the reader needs to know.
- A thesis statement that presents your main point or argument.
How do you start a polite sentence?
Here are 20 phrases you can use:
- Thank you for your message/email/phone call.
- I hope you are doing well.
- I hope you had a great weekend.
- I hope this finds you well.
- Just checking in.
- Thanks again for your help.
- It was great talking to you.
- It was great meeting you.
What should I put after for example?
A comma or a semicolon is placed before for example. A comma is placed after it. The example phrase is placed directly after the word it modifies.
What are openers in English grammar?
Openers. An opener is the first word or phrase used in a sentence. There are lots of different ways of opening sentences. When children start on their writing journey, most sentences initially begin with ‘I, they, he/she, then’.
What is a good way to start a sentence?
Seven Effective Ways to Start a Sentence
- Adjective (a word that modifies a noun) Example: Grateful, I sent a thank you note to the women who returned my lost cell phone.
- Adverb (a word that modifies a verb)
- Prepositional phrase (a phrase that starts with a preposition)
- Infinitive phrase.
- Gerund phrase.
- Participle phrase.
- Adverb clause.
What can I say instead of she?
What is another word for she?
Where can I use for example?
You use for example to introduce and emphasize something which shows that something is true.
- Take, for example, the simple sentence: ‘The man climbed up the hill’.
- A few simple precautions can be taken, for example ensuring that desks are the right height.
What are the 6 sentence openers?
There are six sentence openers:
- #1: Subject.
- #2: Prepositional.
- #3: -ly Adverb.
- #4: -ing , (participial phrase opener)
- #5: clausal , (www.asia.b)
- #6: VSS (2-5 words) Very Short Sentence.
What is a another word for example?
Some common synonyms of example are case, illustration, instance, sample, and specimen. While all these words mean “something that exhibits distinguishing characteristics in its category,” example applies to a typical, representative, or illustrative instance or case.
What are sentence starters called?
A sentence starter, also known as a sentence opener, is a word or phrase used to begin any given sentence.
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
Types of Antonyms Examples include: boy — girl, off — on, night — day, entrance — exit, exterior — interior, true — false, dead — alive, push — pull, pass — fail.
Do you put a comma after for example?
Rule 2 – Use a comma before and after introductory words such as namely, that is, i.e., for example, e.g., or for instance when they are followed by a series of items. Example: You may be required to bring many items, e.g., sleeping bags, pans, and warm clothing.
What can I say instead of example?
For Example’ Synonym Phrases
- “For instance …”
- “To give you an idea …”
- “As proof …”
- “Suppose that …”
- “To illustrate …”
- “Imagine …”
- “Pretend that …”
- “To show you what I mean …”