How do you fix unfortunately Gmail has stopped?
How to Fix the “Unfortunately Gmail Has Stopped” Error on Android
- Restart Your App and Phone. The first thing to try is to close and reopen the Gmail app.
- Clear Your Gmail App’s Cache.
- Clear Your Multitasking Menu.
- Uninstall Android System WebView Updates.
- Use an Alternative Email Client.
Why does my Gmail keep stopping on my Samsung phone?
There are various reasons why the Gmail app might keep crashing repeatedly on Android. The most common reasons are the corruption of locally stored cache and a variety of bugs. One of the common reasons is the Dark theme. In order to fix this, make sure to follow the steps we listed below.
Why has Gmail stopped working on my Android?
Open your device’s Settings app and go to Apps & Notifications. Select App Info. Scroll to Gmail and Select Storage. Click on Clear Data and click OK.
How do I fix Samsung unfortunately app has stopped?
8 Quick Ways to Fix “Unfortunately App Has Stopped” On Android
- Restart your phone.
- Check for low storage and RAM.
- Update the Android system WebView app.
- Ensure the affected app is up-to-date.
- Clear the app’s cache & data.
- Rollback the app’s update.
- Update your phone software.
- Take your phone to the experts.
Why Gmail is not working on my phone?
If you still are having no success, shut down your device, whether it’s a computer, Android phone, or iPhone and then restart it. Then try Gmail again. Sometimes restarting the device is what it takes to clear out problems in your memory or with an app or browser.
How do I reinstall my Gmail app?
To reinstall the Gmail app on iPhone/iPad, open App Store, and search for Gmail. Tap on the Install button. On Android phones, open Google Play Store, and search for Gmail. Tap on Enable.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Gmail on Android?
How to Uninstall Gmail
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Select the “App & Notification” option, where you’ll see options.
- Select the “uninstall” and wait for the process to finish.
Why does my phone keep saying unfortunately has stopped?
To clear cache, go to Settings > Application > Manage apps > Select “All” tabs, select the app which was producing error and then tap Clear cache and data. Clearing RAM is a good deal when you are facing the error “Unfortunately, the app has stopped” in Android.
What happened Gmail app?
Fans of Inbox by Gmail will have to learn to love the plain-old Gmail app. On Wednesday, Google announced that it’s discontinuing Inbox at the end of March 2019. Unveiled in 2014, Google’s Inbox offered a more personalized email app than the standard Gmail app.
Why has my email app stopped working?
If your Android’s email app just stops updating, you probably have a problem with your Internet access or your phone’s settings. If the app keeps crashing, you may have an overly restrictive task manager, or you may have encountered an error that requires clearing the app’s cache and resetting your device.