How do you do a line break as a delimiter in Excel?
In the input box to the right of Other press Ctrl + J to insert a line break as your delimiter. You should see dividers appear in the Data preview pane where there are line breaks in your data. Press the Next button.
How do I insert a line break in concatenate?
In general, when you are typing a text in Excel and you need to add a line break, you can simply press Alt + Enter and Excel will take you to the new line within the same cell.
What is the code for a line break in Excel?
The character code for a line break in Excel varies depending on the platform. On Windows, the code is 10 and on a Mac it’s 13. Note: make sure you have Wrap Text enabled on cells that contain line breaks. In Excel 365, both Win and Mac versions of Excel use CHAR(10) as a line break.
How do you insert a line break after a specific character?
How to insert a line break after a specific character
- In the Find what field, type a comma and a space (, ). If your text strings are separated by commas without spaces, type only a comma (,).
- In the Replace with field, press Ctrl + J to insert a carriage return.
- Click the Replace All button.
How do you separate text in Excel?
Click on the Data tab, then Text to Columns. Choose a delimited format, choose Other as the delimiter then press CTRL and J on the keyboard at the same time. This makes your delimited a line break (similar to ALT + ENTER) in excel so that each line break that is found is used as the delimiter in your data.
How do you insert a line break after a specific character in Excel?
How to start a new line in Excel cell
- Double-click the cell where you want to enter a line break.
- Type the first part of the text. If the text is already in the cell, place the cursor where you want to break the line.
- On Windows, hold Alt while pressing the Enter key.
- Press Enter to finish up and exit the edit mode.