How do I hard reset my Samsung Galaxy Note?
Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset through the settings menu on your device:
- 1 From the Home screen touch Apps.
- 2 Touch Settings.
- 3 Touch Back up and reset.
- 4 Touch Factory data reset.
- 5 Touch Reset device.
- 6 Touch Delete All.
How do I do a soft reset on a Galaxy Note 4?
Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 – Soft Reset
- Press and hold the. Power button. (located on the upper-right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears.
- Tap. Restart. .
- When prompted with “The device will restart”, tap. OK. . If unable to perform a soft reset, remove then re-insert the battery .
How do I reset my note 4 without losing data?
Master reset from settings menu
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to ‘USER AND BACKUP,’ then tap Backup and reset.
- If desired, tap Automatic restore to clear the check box.
- If desired, tap Back up my data to clear the check box.
- Tap Factory data reset.
How do I restart my note 4 in safe mode?
Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 – Restart in Safe Mode
- With the device powered on, tap the. Recent apps button. .
- Tap the. Close all icon. .
- Press and hold the. Power button.
- Touch and hold. Power off.
- Tap. RESTART.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality .
- To exit Safe Mode, restart the device.
How do I Factory Reset my Samsung Galaxy phone?
Perform a factory reset on your Galaxy phone
- From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset.
- Next, tap Factory data reset again, and then review the information.
- When you’re ready, swipe to and tap Reset.
- If you have a security lock set on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials.
How do I open my phone after Factory Reset?
You can restore Android after a factory reset if you have checked the Automatic Restore option in settings.
- Launch Settings on the Android device.
- Find and tap Backup & reset or you can tap System and then tap Reset for other devices.
- Verify if the Automatic Restore box is checked.
How do you reset your phone without losing everything?
Open Settings and then choose System, Advanced, Reset options, and Delete all data (factory reset). Android will then show you an overview of the data you’re about to wipe. Tap Erase all data, enter the lock screen PIN code, then tap Erase all data again to start the reset process.
Does soft reset delete everything?
A Soft Reset DOES NOT delete anything from your mobile phone and causes no loss of information from the device.