How do I fix the black box on my desktop?
How to Fix Black Boxes on Computer Screen
- Press the Win + R key to open the Run dialog box, and then type devmgmt.
- Expand the Display adapters category, and then right-click the graphics card driver and select Update driver.
How do I fix a black screen after login?
5 Methods to Fix a Black Screen on Windows 10/11 after Login
- Try a Windows Key Sequence to Wake the Screen.
- Open Task Manager to Restart Windows Explorer.
- Roll back the Display Adapter Driver.
- Uninstall your Display Adapter Driver.
- Perform a System Restore.
Why is there a black box on my screen?
The black box is intended to contain closed captioning text, which can appear blank on certain channels.
How do I fix the black box on Windows 10?
How do I get rid of the black box in Windows 10?
- Use the DISM command tool. Right-click on the Start Menu button and choose Command Prompt.
- Check Video Adapter drivers.
- Run an SFC scan.
- Run the Troubleshooter.
- Disable the onboard graphics.
- Change brightness settings.
How do I get rid of the black box icon?
My desktop icons have a black box over the place of shortcut symbol. How to get it back to normal look?
- Click the Organize button on any folder, and choose Folder and Search Options from the menu.
- Click the View tab, and then uncheck the Always show icons, never thumbnails checkbox.
- Click OK, and you’re done.
Why is there a black square on my desktop icons?
Right-click on a folder affected by this issue. Click on Properties in the context menu. In the Attributes section, you will see that the checkbox beside Read-only has a little square inside it. Click on the checkbox to remove the little square and uncheck it.
What causes black screen on Windows 10?
Here are some common causes of a Windows 10 black screen: A Windows update gone wrong. A faulty startup application. Outdated or faulty drivers.
Why is there a rectangle on my PC screen?
So if you have a ‘white box’ on your screen it’s likely the remnant of a borderless window from another running process on your system. If you wanna see what processes are still running and want a description of each of them, check out Security Task Manager.
Why is there black squares on my desktop icons?
Likely your icon cache is corrupted.
Why is there a box around my desktop icons?
This issue can occur by corrupted icon cache. To fix the issue, please rebuild icon cache. a. Click the Start button, and click Computer.