How do I automate Windows installation?
Use a USB flash drive
- Use an existing answer file or create your own with Windows System Image Manager (Windows SIM).
- Save the file as Autounattend. xml on the root of a USB flash drive.
- On a new PC, insert a Windows installation USB flash drive, as well as the flash drive that contains Autounattend.
Where is the unattended answer file located?
The name of the answer file must be Unattend. xml or Autounattend. xml, and must be located at the root of the Windows Setup folder path.
How do I create an Autounattend XML file?
When creating an Unattend file for your deployment, you can configure different or additional settings than what is described below.
- Step 1: Create a catalog file. Start Windows System Image Manager.
- Step 2: Create an answer file.
- Step 3: Add new answer file settings.
- Step 4: Save the answer file.
- Step 5: Create a script.
How do you automate installations?
How to automate installation
- Install CompleteFTP using the standard GUI installer on one machine (the ‘development’ machine)
- Create archives of the required files.
- Un-archive these on another machine (the ‘production’ machine)
- Execute various commands to make the software operable on that machine.
What is an answer file and how is it created?
An answer file is an XML-based file that contains setting definitions and values to use during Windows Setup. In an answer file, you specify various setup options. These options include how to partition disks, where to find the Windows image that will be installed, and which product key to apply.
How do I create an unattended software installer?
As you want to install the software silently, find the switch available for silent installation. Use this command to use the silent switch: “softwarename.exe /switch”. Once you are done with the silent switch command, sit back and relax. Your software will get installed automatically.
What is Skip machine Oobe?
Skip User OOBE specifies whether to skip the Welcome Center pop-up window.