Do IMAP emails stay on server?
If you have an IMAP, or HTTP (such as Gmail or Outlook.com ) account, mail isn’t stored on your computer. All email remains on the mail server until you delete it.
Does IMAP remove emails from server?
No. The setting you referred to with a POP account is for removing messages from the server after being downloaded. All server stored mailboxes with an IMAP account are kept symchronized with the server with each email client used to access the account.
How do I get rid of IMAP server?
Besides, please right click on your account and select IMAP Folders, uncheck the option at the bottom of the dialog and click Apply and OK. After all folders display under your account, please check if there any duplicate folder. If so, remove it.
How do I stop emails from being deleted from the server?
Prevent Outlook emails from being deleted after 30 days
- Right click the specified mail folder where emails are deleted automatically, and select Properties from the context menu.
- In the Properties dialog, under the AutoArchive tab, you can check the Do not archive items in this folder option to disable the AutoArchive.
What is the best email setup?
Best Free Email Accounts
- Gmail: Best for Offline Accessibility.
- AOL: Best for Interface Organization.
- Outlook: Best for Multiple App Integrations.
- Yahoo! Mail: Best for Lots of Storage.
- iCloud Mail: Best for IMAP.
- Mozilla Thunderbird: Best for Managing Multiple Accounts.
- Yandex Mail: Best for Translating Emails.
What is difference between IMAP & POP3?
POP3 downloads the email from a server to a single computer, then deletes the email from the server. On the other hand, IMAP stores the message on a server and synchronizes the message across multiple devices.
What does IMAP server alert mean?
Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Your account is temporarily blocked for IMAP use. This may happen if you exceed the maximum number of simultaneous IMAP connections allowed. Kindly try after some time.
How do I set Outlook to delete from IMAP?
Click More Settings. Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box. Select one of the following options: Remove from server after x days E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but remain on the e-mail server for the number of days that you specify.